This summer's classes included a 3-D CAD class which focused on Revit, which is Autodesk's Building Information Modelling software. From Wikipedia:
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is the process of generating and managing building data during its life cycle[1] using three-dimensional, real-time, dynamic building modeling software to decrease wasted time and resources in building design and construction.[2] This process produces the building information model (also abbreviated BIM), which encompasses building geometry, spatial relationships, geographic information, and quantities and properties of building components.
I've got some rendering images from the project for that class on my flickr page in the Schoolwork set.

Over the summer I also had a class in Building Codes, which looked at the International Building Code, the Accessibility Code, as well as at Winston-Salem/Forsyth County's Unified Development Ordinances.
I had the same instructor for a class called Light Construction Technology, which was basically learning how to format basic construction drawings for smaller commercial buildings: stair plans and sections, bathroom plans, overall floorplans, elevations, wall sections... Might sound kind of dry, but it was my favorite class of the summer session.
Also had a class called Environmental Systems for which we made several field trips, most of which were photographed and are documented on my flickr page and have already been noted here on ARKTEK, including a trip to NC's greenest hotel, the Proximity.
Next week my family is on vacation, and the following week fall semester starts. It is my fourth semester of a five semester program, so I am about 60% finished with the "mid-thirties career redirection."

No comments:
Post a Comment