

I know, I know...there is lots of controversy surrounding the upcoming Olympics in Beijing, China which get underway two days from this posting...human rights abuses, government censorship...and China has already had its share of mishaps with tainted toys and food products...
Set all that aside for a moment and marvel at some of the most innovative architecture happening right now. It is happening in China, and it is being officially unveiled to the world in two days through some 200 + hours of programming per day on NBC and its siblings.
I'll be at the beach with my family, so hopefully there'll be some down-time during which we can tune in to see some of the coverage.
Here is a great article from ArchRecord about the Architectural Technology of the aquatics center, aka the Water Cube.
Article also from ArchRecord: Record Reveals: Beijing
ArchRecord's Project Portfolio for July 2008 features 15 new structures in China.

This is a very great website - thank you!
ReplyDelete