
I wanted to get the Architecture Club at school, for which I am the Vice President, to go to Boston for the annual trip--to see MIT (Steven Holl, Alvar Aalto, Eero Saarinen, Frank Gehry), Diller, Scofidio & Renfro's new ICA museum, Corbusier's Carpenter Center..., but was out of school the day of the voting with my daughter who was home sick from school. Some of the second year students (who technically are the ones making the destination decision) opted for Washington DC! Not at all what I had in mind, but I'm sure we'll make it interesting and see some neat stuff anyway. I know we'll plan a one day side-trip to visit Fallingwater by Frank Lloyd Wright. Everyone at school, especially the staff seems to be obsessed with FLW. I know, I know--he's one of the touchstones and great giants of the field...
Oh well, Boston; oh well, Saarinen, Aalto, Corbusier, Holl, Gehry, BigDig, Fenway...maybe next year.
[image from flickr]

don't fret...a trip to the National Building Museum in DC is sure to please. Depending on when you go you may get to see eero anuyway. Eero Saarinen:Shaping the Future opens at the NBM in May and runs through August.
ReplyDeleteSigned, Eero Fan
thanks for the tip, marnaw--i'll be sure to visit if it is open when we're there.
ReplyDeleteBoston is a tough city to navigate, many wrong or non-existent street signs!?!
ReplyDelete